This coming week, launching on June 1st, is annual Volunteers Week, an annual celebration of the contribution millions of people make across the UK through volunteering.
Here at QVT, our volunteers are a crucial part of our team, and make all the difference to our clients and to their experience of their time with us at our different schemes located in Lewisham, Bexley and Croydon.
The pandemic was a challenging time when it came to volunteering, with the country locked down, and only essential charity staff being able to remain client-facing. However, we’ve been delighted over the past year or so to be able to gradually reintroduce our volunteer-run activities for our clients, and we now have a fulfilling and packed schedule once again, including gardening, art classes, cookery and days out!
By signing up to our volunteer programme with QVT, our amazing volunteers have:
- Supported Clients in developing skills and ambitions
- Supported Client recovery through engagement and empowerment
- Delivered life-enhancing Art / Cooking Workshops and supervised Days Trips to museums / art / culture
- Supported and signposted clients to academic or vocational opportunities
- Cultivated self-esteem and confidence
- Gained an array of skills involving communication, Client engagement and recovery
If you or anyone you know is looking for a worthwhile and rewarding volunteering opportunity, then please head on over to the volunteering page on our website, where you can fill out an application form.