Location: South East London
Contract Type: Zero hours
Quo Vadis Trust is a specialist housing charity operating in South East London. We provide a service to people with mental health needs who need support with their housing, providing a home to around 180 clients. The range of support both on and off the premises helps each individual client to maximise their independence.
The purpose of QVT is to Support Recovery, Maximise Independence and Build Community.
Work may be offered to you on an hourly, daily, weekly or other basis, and you will be expected to help provide an effective, efficient, responsive and client-focused housing management service for our clients who have varying mental health needs and a range of diagnoses. This includes:
- health and safety checks
- support planning
- liaison with other agencies
- signposting and enabling clients to achieve recovery-based goals using a collaborative approach.
You may be offered work at any of our schemes across South-East London.
We offer a 24 hour service. Therefore, hours offered may be during the day, night, weekends or bank holidays. Work will be offered to you on an ‘ad hoc’, first come first served basis as and when there is a requirement for work to be done. Occasionally we may contact you by telephone to offer you work at short notice. You are free to accept or decline such offers of work. You are not guaranteed continuous work and we are under no obligation to offer you further or particular periods of work. If there is a shortage of work our use of your services will cease without payment. No contract shall exist between the company and yourself in the periods between agreed periods of work.
To be considered for this role you must have excellent interpersonal skills. In addition the following key skills and experience are applicable:
- Numerate and Literate to GCSE or equivalent standard
- Experience working in a social housing environment is desirable (training will be provided)
- Experience working in the mental health sector or other supportive environments (training will be provided)
- Computer literate, familiarity with Microsoft packages, and experience using a client management database
- Awareness of current housing issues and tenancy sustainment is desirable
- Demonstrable customer service experience
- Knowledge of welfare benefits related to housing is desirable
- Good, clear, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to relate to clients
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a conscientious and dedicated attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative and a commitment to team working
- Awareness of issues faced by people with mental health needs
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willingness to undertake further training
- Be prepared to work unsociable hours in accordance with 24/7 shift rota
- Has enhanced DBS clearance (we can arrange this for you)
Pension scheme; Health Care Plan; Free access to bereavement and stress helplines; Free flu jabs / eye tests; ‘Recommend a friend’ bonus; Life insurance; Holiday pay; Training and qualifications offered; Real opportunities for career progression in a permanent role.
Our commitment to diversity:
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and are committed to tackling systemic inequalities by being proactive in creating opportunities for people from under-represented groups. With this in mind we welcome applications from all ethnic backgrounds, religions, gender identifications and sexual orientations, and from anyone who considers themselves to have a disability.
We are only interested in hearing from candidates that are based either in South East London or within a short commutable distance.