At Quo Vadis Trust, we value the contribution of our volunteers highly. Since the Volunteer Programme was launched in April 2016, QVT have been lucky to receive the help and time from some wonderfully dedicated individuals. Participants in our Volunteer Programme have come from people in the local community wanting to make a difference, people seeking work experience, and indeed Psychology Graduates and MSc Students from a selection of London Universities.
The work our Volunteers do has been a catalyst for QVT being shortlisted amongst 1000s of nominations for a “Champion Award in Housing” at the forthcoming “Excellence In Diversity Awards 2017.” Quo Vadis Trust cannot thank our Volunteers enough.
Volunteering at QVT offers you the chance to:
- Develop a professional rapport with clients
- Support client recovery through engagement and empowerment
- Organise One-to-One and Peer Group Sessions,
- Deliver Art / Cooking Workshops and supervise Days Trips to museums / art / culture
- Cultivate self-esteem and confidence
- Support clients in developing skills and ambitions
- Support and signpost clients to academic or vocational opportunities
- Shadow and assist staff
Volunteers can take away with them:
- Experience of working directly with those with complex mental health needs
- An array of skills concerning communication, client engagement and recovery
- The opportunity to apply your existing practical and theoretical knowledge
- Useful experience for a career in social or mental health work
All Volunteers receive training covering Company Induction, a Person Centred Holistic Approach to Recovery, various Recovery Models, Empowerment for Decision Making and Self Esteem, Motivational Interviewing and much more.
At QVT all our Volunteers have their travel and food expenses paid for.
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer at Quo Vadis Trust, please fill in the Volunteer Application Form. When complete, send to Volunteers@qvt.org.uk. The position is subject to positive references & a DBS check post interview. For comprehensive details please review our Handbook.